Part of FCHS’ statewide school wellness initiative, Gloucester County’s Grow Healthy project combines gardening with nutrition, physical activity, agriculture, and locally grown food projects that are fun, hands-on and support NJ Core Curriculum Content Standards.
Grow Healthy Is a Way for Schools To…
- Help kids eat more fruits and vegetables
- Offer nutrition education, physical activity, gardening & agriculture programs to students, families, and staff
- Connect With Local Farms
- Serve More Local Foods
- Offer farm-to-school & nutrition trainings for foodservice staff
Currently, our project involves 3 Gloucester County schools, each of whom has created a personalized gardening and wellness project that will build a healthier school.
- Aura School, Elk Township
- West End Elementary School, Woodbury
- Archbishop Damiano School, St. John of God, Westville